Apple Orchard

We have been dyin for something fallish to do around here... well for anything to do around Lubbock, period. We heard about a pumpkin festival at an apple orchard 25 miles outside of town going on Saturday and decided we had better partake of this opportunity. Cam is pretty supportive of my over sensitive desires to be festive. There wasn't much in the way of pumpkins by the time we got there, but we picked some apples, tried raw honey with the bees, and browsed all the different apple butters and jams. We walked away with a gallon of fresh apple juice...ahhh... some black raspberry ram, and tummies plus a bag full of apples.



The Process:





It was a UTAH game day. Hence, Cam's shirt. I promise we wash it every week... it just seems like in most of our pictures recently, he is wearing it.



What are you gonna do with a bag full of apples? Make apple pie, of course.




I don't have a pie pan yet, so I had to use oven safe bowls. 'bout right for two people, I'd say. Now if it only felt and looked like fall weather here.

6 comments:

Cade + Tosha said...

love it! it looks like you are doing more fall things than we are here in good old cache valley where it actually looks like fall! it still looks so sunny there too! also weird random fact...in that last picture...i have the same spice rack, butter dish AND toaster...we are the same, that is neat :)

Tay and Teigan said...

I too love your holiday festiveness. It's just too bad we have to celebrate everything via Skype. Those pies look delicious as do you and Cam.

Jo said...

Looks like a great fall activity. The pies look yummy -- even though I'm not an apple pie fan. As you may remember, I have a difficult time with soggy things (as in cooked apples). Maybe if I try yours, I will like them better?! Try applesauce next? X O : )

Foulgers said...

Yummmmmm. How did the pies turn out??? The look Delicious. Wish I was feeling more festive these days... :) My favorite is the picture of you with the scarecrow. Hahaha. Come to Denver for some fall weather you two

nbzern said...

So Fun!

Jacob said...

man i wish i liked black raspberry ram so i could make cool posts like this....
no but seriously...looks delicious. way to be a wifey and festive. love fall.
and you said ram instead of jam.